Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where I Kate From Kates Playground From

Il Senso del Riposo*


track of conversations picked up on the subway a few days ago: "Hello, how are you?" In other words. I'm tired and I just want to make the holidays to relax a bit '. " At dinner with friends the other night: "What do you have! "Well, you know, I have a lot of work to finish. But now I rest. " Are typical dialogues in mid-July: Schools are fake, the last university exams are passed, the work system, with a bit 'of pain, the last things before the holidays, the labors of a whole year and weigh in the thoughts in his dialogue, projects emerges insistently the need of rest.

But perhaps not enough to ask ourselves what it means to rest. Thus risking to move from mechanical fatigue of work that only apparently less invasive holiday travel, reservations, calculating the costs, entertainment, more or less organized and almost forced. Stress. So that is to give the reason of Montale's beaches: "And then we start and everything is OK and everything / is for the best and useless."

In military jargon for "rest" is the opposite of "careful." But I do not think that the real relief of the rest is due to fate not to pay attention to anything. It's like saying that the ideal life would turn right, emotions, interests, love, jump into a void of thought, in a dreamy suspension of existence, a consciousness much like the sleep of death. Moreover, I can not imagine that when we pray for the deceased, asking them to 'the eternal rest, "ask a perpetual distraction, or abandoning every motion and emotion human. Just read some part of Dante's Paradise to see that the kingdom of calm bliss is full of activities: singing, dancing, conversations, memories, prayers and lights.

to clarify things I looked for the etymology of the word rest. I discovered that derives from the greek pauo, which means an end to a tiring activity, stop. "From that - continuing the etymological dictionary -" rest "'and then the expression" resting on someone', namely 'trust in him. " Well, this convinces me. Rest if abandoned for a time the strenuous activities of daily living, can "lean" on something or someone who deserves my trust. And they deserve the mountain tops look with the long quiet of a time not plagued by the hour; deserves the infinity of the sea and the silence of a wood, but deserves a dinner with friends without worrying about what to do or say the words fair; deserves a curiosity for a painting or a monument in which shines the genius and passion of great men who have preceded me, deserve a good concert, a good book and even an afternoon to cook for those you love.

The leopard wandering shepherd his flock that he envied, after eating, resting peace, while "if I lie at rest, the tedium axle. But he would never exchanged awareness his infinite need of peace, hidden in the desire to rest, with the unconscious animal. He knew the desire of the rest is, after all, an urgent need to find support that we can say with the psalm, "My soul rests in Thee."

* Fiji Colognesi on the Sussidiario.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment